Through the contributions of Lake Country Power's participating members, the Operation Round Up® Electric Trust Board recently approved $54,300 in assistance to local community programs during its quarterly meeting.
The cooperative’s Trust Board reviewed and considered 51 grant applications and distributed funds to 43 projects and programs this past quarter.
All funds generated through Operation Round Up® are set aside in a trust fund. A voluntary Trust Board of nine co-op members administers the trust. Of the funds collected through the program, 100 percent is distributed to charitable organizations through an application and selection process. The Trust Board uses special guidelines and policies when choosing recipients.
Most Recent Recipients
- Itasca County Agricultural Association
- Lights in the Pines
- Faith United Lutheran Church “Piecemakers”
- Project READ ISD #318
- Foster Love Closet
- Iron Range Partnership for Sustainability
- Grand Rapids Players Association
- Tri-Community Food Shelf
- Cromwell Area Community Club
- Longville Area Food Shelf
- Patchwork Pals Plus
- Camp Olson YMCA
- Tower-Soudan Historical Society
- McGregor Area Scholarship Foundation
- Grace House of Itasca County
- Ellsburg Volunteer Fire Department
- First Lutheran Church Ely/Mission quilts
- Vermilion Community College
- Big Sandy Area Lakes Watershed Management Project
- Itasca Life Options
- Embarrass Region Fair Association
- Project Care Free Clinic
- New Beginnings Pregnancy & Family Support
- Let’s Go Fishing Itasca
- Deer River Area Food Shelf
- Check and Connect family activity
- ANGELS of McGregor
- Queen of Peace Quilters
- Voyageurs Area Council
- Boy Scouts of America Pack 117
- Colvin Volunteer Fire Department
- PCs for People
- Cotton Volunteer Fire Department
- Advocates Against Domestic Abuse
- Lighthouse Christian Academy aeronautical unit
- Grand Rapids and Itasca Mountain Biking Association
- Something Cool, Inc. pollinator education/support
- Grand Rapids Farmers Market/Power of Produce for kids
- Northstar Foundation arts camp
- Well Being Development/Northern Lights Clubhouse
- Floodwood Hope Lutheran Church quilts
- Side Lake Events Committee
- City of Tower
Operation Round Up® is a charitable program unique to electric co-ops, which is designed to provide financial assistance to worthwhile activities and community projects by “rounding up” members’ electric bills to the nearest dollar. The average donation of each participating Lake Country Power member is less than $6 annually.
Among Lake Country Power’s 43,000 members, 67% of all active electric accounts participate in the program through voluntary contributions. Interested members can opt into the Operation Round Up® program by calling the cooperative at 800-421-9959 or using an online form at lakecountrypower.coop.
Applications are available online at www.lakecountrypower.coop (My Cooperative > Community > Operation Round Up®). The next application deadline is May 15.
Photos: Operation Round Up® recipients are pictured at Lake Country Power’s service center in Mountain Iron (top). Operation Round Up® recipients are pictured at Lake Country Power’s service center in Cohasset (below). Operation Round Up® recipients are pictured at Lake Country Power’s service center in Kettle River (bottom).